Sunday, December 7, 2008

Scout H.E. Double Hockeystick Day


The first Saturday of December is one of those *heck* days for Scouts. Not only do we have Scouting For Food in the morning, we also have the Community Christmas Parade in the evening. It is a very busy day.

I think I only managed to eat a couple brownies the entire day and nothing else!

The Pack had a pretty good turn-out for collecting food for the Walk-N-Knock/Scouting for Food. It took us about 2 hours to do our area. I think we collected quite a bit of food. My van was jam-packed full of bags. I barely had room for my Cub Scouts.

After finishing up collecting food, we decorated a flat-bed truck for the parade. It took us about 2 hours to do that, also. I was so thrilled that we were able to have a truck again for the parade! One of my Tiger Cub's grandpa works for C & L Logging. Not only did he drive the truck, he also cut evergreen boughs for us to use. Thank you, Chub!

I should also thank Western World for letting us borrow straw bales.

Oh, and I definitely need to thank our wonderful God for the beautiful day! NO RAIN!

What a fun day!

- NeNe

No comments: