Wednesday, February 18, 2009

MONSTER JAM!

Ben and I got to go to Monster Jam in the Portland Rose Garden last Sunday (2/15) with Sean and Stephen from Troop 305. We had a special treat, in that the Boy Scouts got to go to a free "pit party" on the arena floor prior to the event, meet the drivers (they call them "pilots"), and sidle up to behemoth machines like Grave Digger, Monster Mutt, Captain's Curse, and El Toro Loco. These vehicles were huge. They make those oversized 4x4 trucks and SUVs you see on the road today look like midget cars.




We had the foresight to bring ear plugs, which turned out to be a good idea, and the exhaust fumes weren't really that bad. Ben only passed out once.


I had a fabulous time, and I'm sure the Scouts did, too. I wouldn't exactly say I'm a Monster Jam groupie, but I am glad I had the opportunity to go to at least one show. I should have brought the twins, though. I'm sure they would have enjoyed it. Oh well, maybe next time.

I've posted the rest of my pictures and a few little movies from the event here at my 4shared.com Web site.

- Big Daddy Andy

No comments: