Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Rabbit Hutch


The boys finally finished the hutch this past weekend. Now all we need are some bunnies. I am leaning toward Florida Whites. Unfortunately, these little buggers are hard to get around here. We might just end up with New Zealand Whites or Californians. The New Zealands also come in red. There's a breeder about 2 hours away that has pedigreed red new zealands. I might just get those. I've read that you want to start with the best stock you can if you're going to breed rabbits. If you start with mediocre rabbits, who knows what you'll end up with.

The twins would like a lop ear bunny. We shall see.

Florida White (solid block of meat) It doesn't look very happy
New Zealand Red
New Zealand White

Californian
- NeNe

2 comments:

-=The Malchert Family=- said...

Actually, that's where we're going to keep Joey and Daniel. We just *told* them it was for rabbits...grin.

- Big Daddy Andy

-=The Malchert Family=- said...

Look! Proof that it isn't always cloudy and rainy where we live!