Saturday, May 5, 2012

City by the Bay 2

 I just love skylines.  It really is hilly here :)  It was hard to tell last night when we arrived.
 Fisherman's Wharf has a BUNCH of touristy shops.  I got a picture of a "Goonie"
 Alcatraz
 Coit Tower.  It doesn't look that far...maybe I'll try hiking up to it this week!
 Golden Gate Bridge.  Hopefully, I'll get closer to it for a better picture.
Here's another city shot.  I can't wait to start hiking around town.  
Thanks & praises to our awesome God for getting us here safely and thank you to everyone that was praying.  Our God is so good!  In fact, the flight was 1/2 hour early :)  30 minutes less time I have to fly is a huge blessing!  It wasn't too scary getting from the airport to the hotel, either...AMEN!  Apparently, the BART Coliseum Station is so named because there is an actual coliseum there and something big was going on to judge by the massive numbers of people we had to wade upstream through.  I also figured BART would be like the Max in Portland.  Not really.  This one felt like a subway.  We even went underground/water.  I thought I would have great views going over the Bay Bridge.  Nope, we went under the water!  That was a surprise.  Anyway, once on the San Francisco side we opted for the taxi.  Nice driver.  Tonight we are having dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (whoohoo!) with someone Andy met 15 years ago when he first came to San Francisco for training.  He hasn't "seen" him since...but emails him all the time.  He was trained with Andy.  Should be fun!
- Ne

No comments: