Monday, February 10, 2014
Super Bowl 2014 Weekend
Super Bowl XLVIII came on February 2nd, 2014. Again, we traveled down to Vancouver, WA; stayed at Silva's house for the weekend and left Monday morning. During this time, there was lots of frustration, anger, excitement, and shouting.
Saturday morning, the day we started the three day weekend, my two younger brothers left for Walmart to sell Papa Murphy's coupons to raise funds to go to summer camp. Myself, my two older brothers, and my dad did chores and played video games until we had to leave. Also, I had an interview over the phone for a staffing position at Camp Hahobas. That took about 15 minutes and it went well. After my interview, we left for Vancouver!
We started packing for the three day weekend around 12:00. My dad, two older brothers, and I wereto travel in our tiny yellow Hundai Accent. It was packed in there. After the interview, we hopped in the car and sailed for Vancouver. The trip there was very uneventful. We stopped at McDonalds for lunch around 4:40 then continued onward. We arrived at mike's around 5:00 and trudged into his house.
Before we had lunch at McDonald's, Mike had called and said his dish receiver exploded. When we arrived at his house, he was still trying to fix it. A bunch of technical stuff and some phone calls later, the TV still did not work. it was still Saturday. Mike and Dad and Brian got the WiFi going so my brothers and I played some LAN games. We played some more games. We spent our whole time at Mike's house Saturday in his man cave. There were no clocks or windows in his man cave. After a while we stopped playing games and started to watch some movies Brian brought over with his laptop. The first movie to be watched was Get Smart (2008) with Steve Carrel. The movie was actually pretty good and very funny. After that... we were forced to watch a movie called The Never Ending Story. It was awful. I did not look at the clock when we went to bed that night, but I think I heard somebody say one o'clock.
I was still alive by Sunday. I know this because I woke up. We ate some Oreos (birthday cake!) and Chexmix for breakfast and played some more games. Now that I think about it, we did not do a whole lot of anything besides playing on the computers and messing with the wifi. Super Bowl XLVIII (48) started at 3:00. & or 8 people showed up at Mike's to watch the games, drink beer, eat chips, and drink beer. Some beer was drank during and after the game.
The actual game consisted of one team murdering another team while Mike swore and shouted "YEAH!" a bunch. The Seahawks were destroying the Broncos the whole game. The Hawks intercepted the ball a lot, scored a lot, and won a lot. I kind of feel sorry for the Broncos because they were just beaten to a pulp even though they were the team that was predicted to win the Super Bowl. They looked so miserable. Once, the Hawks caught the kick-off ball from the Broncos and ran all the way to the end zone, scoring a touchdown. Also, they intercepted the ball and scored during the same play! It was really exciting!
The game ended: Seahawks with 43 and Broncos with 8.
After the game, Mike blared his music and shouted some more. My brothers, Dad, Brian, and I stayed outside and made a fire in Mike's fire pit. Once it was understood that Mike had settled down and his music was not blaring, we went inside and watched some TV and movies. Shortly after, we went to bed.
Monday morning, I was still alive even though I ate way too much greasy food and Oreos. To top it all, I also had an ice cream sandwich. That was too much. The night before I crawled out bed and rushed to the bathroom to ponder what greasy vomit looks like. In the morning, we packed up all our stuff back into the tiny car. For breakfast, we skipped the Oreos and Chexmix and went to Elmer's with Mike and Estella! We all had a very good breakfast. We went back to Mike's afterward and used his bathroom and snatched some of his old 22. ammo (He gave it to us). We packed ourselves into the car again and flew out of Vancouver, headed towards Gray Harbor County. The trip home was very uneventful.
Ben
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment