Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Goings on at the Malchert Homestead

Wow, we haven't posted in awhile.  Sorry about that.  I wonder if anyone even reads this anymore. :)

We had Tom's Eagle Court of Honor in June.  The turnout was great and we got to see some old friends that we have missed dearly.  Tom raked in the attention and gifts.  Good for him, he earned it.  Eagle Scout is a big deal, as anyone who has reached that far (or who didn't quite make it) can attest.  We are fortunate to have two Eagle Scouts in our family.  I'm holding out for five, though. :)

For those that don't know, Tim moved to Westport with a roommate he met at school.  He dutifully calls his mother at least once a week.  He has been doing odd jobs and has landed a part-time gig as dishwasher at a restaurant in Grayland. He has applied to a number of fish processing companies in Alaska and is hoping to land a job on a processing ship.

I experienced, for the first time in my life, having one of my children come to visit me.  Tim stopped by on my birthday with a gift and a chance to visit.  *That* was weird.  Tim is turning 21 here, shortly.  Tom already turned 18, and Ben will be 17 in a few weeks.  Dang, I'm old.

We dropped Ben off at camp for his seven weeks as staff.  He seemed pretty excited.  We had to bring him back home for the weekend of the 4th of July because the camp was closed.  It was nice getting to spend some time with him after he had only been away for four days.  This week is his first week with campers.  The next six weeks will be different without both Ben and Tim around.

Within the next month I have a week-long Scout Summer Camp and a week-long business trip to New Orleans.  Busy, busy, busy.

I didn't think time could fly any faster than it has these last few years, but it does...and is.  I hope you and yours are enjoying life as much as we are.

Big Daddy Andy

No comments: