Thursday, September 21, 2017

Goat Cheese - Finally!

Okay, I never got around to making goat cheese last year :(  NeNe is lazy.  However, I finally got my act together to make some this year.  I have to do something with all this goat milk! 

Here's my first attempt at parmesan and cheddar.  The parmesan is in the back.  I totally messed up the recipe on it.  So we'll see how it turns out.  The cheddar, however, looks great.  I have to age it for at least 2 months (after I wax it).  Right now I am drying them for a couple days.


My neighbor made some caramel with the goat milk.  She gave me a little bit. It is so yummy!


Here's the cheese press my other neighbor gave me.  It works really well.  The first time I tried to make cheese years ago, The hardest part was pressing it.  Now that I have this...it makes it so much easier!

Bought this from another neighbor.  It is suppose to heat up the milk evenly.  It works pretty quickly.  Doing this on the stove top takes FOREVER!  Well, not quite forever, but it sure seems like it.


No comments: