Monday, August 6, 2018

VBS 2018 Timelab

Yet another VBS completed!  However, this year I was the director!  Yikes!  What did I get myself into.  Praise God that everything went very well.  We had about 60 kids every day!  The theme and message was meaningful.  I pray that the Lord will change hearts to long for Him and follow Him!




The Time Machine










The Snacks were super yummy!

Silly Tommy

We had to eat snacks inside a couple of days because of drizzle

The kids made time capsules

















Water bottle launcher

Cool black-light hallway with glow-in-the-dark stars & planets

The boys and Pastor Mark doing the last skit

Someone got a little crazy with a sharpie!


Bubbles


Race your own boat



Build your own boat

Paper airplanes

Paper airplanes

DIY slime






Actual ice cream sundaes

Ice cream in a bag

Elephant Toothpaste





I chose the material from Answers in Genesis.  I really think their program is great.  It isn't full of fluff!  The kids learned all about Jesus from eternity past to eternity future.  They learned that according to the Bible the earth is around 6000 years old, not millions or billions!  They also learned that He is God.  The program was all Him and how to be apart of God's family through trusting in what Jesus did on the cross for them (dying in their place for their sins).

I will definitely delegate more if I direct next year.  I am not a good leader.  I don't like asking people to do stuff...but I can't do it all again!  Not EVERYTHING, but a good portion of it.  It was extremely overwhelming! I planned out the decorations, organized the crafts, picked the songs & missionary video, and did the lessons. Praise God our church has so many wonderful helpers!  

Activities we did on Friday:
DIY slime, water bottle launcher, paper airplanes with targets (should have attached to ladders), elephant toothpaste, fizzy rocks, ice cream in a bag, bubbles, build a boat and race, shake experiment.  I also did a volcano experiment.  I was so busy running around that I didn't get to do more of the volcano experiment.

All I need to do is mail the postcards to the kids as a follow up.  Thank You, God, for bringing all the kids to VBS!

No comments: