Monday, August 18, 2008

Family Camp @ Camp Dakota


We went camping with the Ruizs and the Swanners. We had fun making s'mores.

- Joey

We had fun at the park. There was lightning.

- Daniel

Well, the twins must still be pooped from camping. We all had a good time at Camp Dakota this summer. This place has spots for RVs, there is a teepee, two yurts, single spots, and quite a few group sites of various sizes.

The kids panned for gold at the office and played quite a bit at the playground. There is a frolf course all around the campground. We didn't play this year, though.

We had a blast playing in the two different creeks near the campground. The city park at Scotts Mills is very family friendly. You can play in the shallow creek or go over to the falls and jump off into the DEEP water. I know it is very deep because I jumped in without taking my glasses off and promptly lost them! I tried diving down and looking for them, but it was just too deep to stay down long enough to look well. I was thinking about offering a reward to whoever found my glasses...oh well.

The Ruizs brought their new puppy, Mackenzie. She was so cute running around the campsite. We kept thinking she was a squirrel. When she got all tuckered out, she would plop down and take a nap.

The last night I had my brother doublecheck the weather report on his i-phone to make sure it wasn't going to rain. It didn't say anything about rain. Then in the middle of the night we heard the thunder storm getting closer and closer! We all jumped out of our tents and quickly put everything under cover and put our rainflys on our tents. Luckily it hardly sprinkled! AMEN!

We definitely recommend Camp Dakota.

- NeNe

No comments: