Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Letterboxing with Buddies


Sunday I went letterboxing with Camp Fire Lady, Maiden, Dorks Anonymous, and Marmalade.
We were enticed to the coast by X Marks the Spot.  He made The Cryptex and just released the clue for it.  We all had to get this!

We found The Locals (awesome box by X near Seaside, Oregon).  This is the box that I found in September when we went camping with the Boy Scouts. 

After that we had lunch at the Wet Dog Cafe.  They also stamped into my box there.

We headed up to Cape Disappointment next.  We found North Head Lighthouse I & II.  In fact, I was really surprised that #1 was still there.  It was one of the very first boxes I found in 2004.   There was also a mystery box there that Camp Fire Lady planted.  She is an unbelievable carver!

We then headed over to the Cape Disappointment Lighthouse to get the Bad Beginnings Letterbox.  I had tried to get this one a few years ago and was very determined to get it this time.  So determined that we spent 2 HOURS looking for this one!  Maiden and Camp Fire Lady waited by the lighthouse instead of climbing to the top of the ridge.  They were seriously worried about us.  They thought we were either arrested and at the Coast Guard Station, dead at the bottom of the cliff, or sitting back in the van laughing at them.  We found the letterbox right by Battery O'Flynn, just like the clue said.  We however, searched two separate building sites before finally finding the actual battery.  

I had a blast with these crazy letterboxers :)  They were very prepared.  Marmalade had her own beverage service in the back of her van.  It came complete with mochas, hot chocolate, tea, hot buttered rum (without the rum), stir sticks, spoons, cups, and hot water dispenser!  It was very handy.  I'm gonna have to put one of those in our van!

 I hope to box with them again sometime.  I especially hope they bring along the peanut butter brownies! YUM

- NeNe

No comments: