Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Howlin' Good Time


What an absolutely perfect night for dressing up in weird costumes and walking around in the dark. We now have a couple week's supply of candy to get us by (probably less if Ne keeps eating it all). The twins waited until a couple hours before candytime to figure out what costumes they wanted to wear. Joey chose the good ol' standby: Armyguy. Daniel wanted to be a "black guy". Meaning: he was going to wear only black (yes, our kids do not get out enough).

Garden Gnome and his Toadstool took the twins and Baby Benji trick-or-treating while the teenagers manned the cauldron full of candy. I was so surprised that we got any trick-or-treaters. In fact, we almost ran out of candy! Tom and Tim said we received a bunch of compliments on our decorations :) The warm fuzzy feeling from people appreciating all our efforts was worth stapling all those spiderwebs up.




Cool brain made out of a watermelon

This Halloween was awesome! I had this sweet costume. I was a baby that was strapped to this big mummy. I was like the mummy's legs and the baby's head & arms, and the rest of the mummy was cardboard and her head was a gallon milk jug that was wrapped in crepe paper and tape. However, the baby's legs were the coolest part. We went to some store to get some baby footie jammies because my mom didn't want to use our baby footies because they were her favorites. Anyway, we got some footies and then we stuffed the legs full of toilet paper. After we stuffed the baby's legs, we made a baby carrier and put the legs in there and folded the body in it to make me look fat. While we were doing that, we cut out some cardboard for the mummy's body. The mummy's body was like a flat backpack, cuz, it had straps so it could sit on my shoulder(the straps were made out of karate belts). then we got a bath robe so it would hide most of the cardboard while also looking like it just got out of bed to eat people... kinda. Then we made some arms out of one of our giant spider's legs that we made from like two years ago. The arms were kinda long, but they worked. We fitted the bath robe on the cardboard with the arms and presto, there's your mummy's body. I had to wear something that matched the color of the footies so I looked like I was wearing the footies(no I don't fit in the footies). I had a lot of comments on my costume. Some guy went "whoa" just like Napoleon Dynamite. One time, I was walking through all of these adults and then they started laughing at me. It was very funny watching the people laugh and smirk at me. One of the kids that we ran into said, "I know what you are. You just did that to look like he's carrying you." It was really fun this halloween >=O

- Benji

This is year two of doing the pyro-pumpkin project. I used a full toilet paper roll soaked in gasoline this time. Last year I used 1/2 roll and it last 30minutes. I didn't want to stand around watching it for over an hour, so I put it out.



- Tim

No comments: