Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cub Mobile Race

Local Cub Scout packs took part in the annual Cub Mobile Race last Saturday. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. The twins decided they did not wish to race. I don't blame them. The hill was very steep. The Daily World covered the story. One of my boys won 2nd place. We only hung around for an hour or so. All the boys hadn't even raced once by that time! I believe 3 boys were taken to the hospital! I don't know how many cub mobiles were destroyed. I saw at least one crash into the curb and lose it's front wheels. This race is definitely not for the faint of heart! I couldn't watch anymore, which was a good thing, because another of my boys ran off the road and smashed into someone's trellis! He is okay.


Look how steep this is! No, thank you!
Boys waiting for their turn



- NeNe

2 comments:

Team Swanner said...

Wow ~ It looks like fun! Is this by your house?

~Jen

-=The Malchert Family=- said...

It is just a little down the hill from our place. The twins and I walked.