I had the immense privilege to spend some time with Louie and Ivy from our old church in Longview. I enjoy listening to louie's stories. He is such a wealth of information and knowledge. This guy can do anything! He is in his nineties and as quick as a whip. He can weld, work leather, carve wood, build anything out of scrap lumber and metal. He built his entire house (except the fireplace). It took him three years because he could only work in the evenings and weekends. He fought in WWII in the navy and has five children. He remembers prohibition! I could just listen to him all day :)



Here's a picture of his stairs going down into the basement. He didn't use any nails or screws when he put this together. He put some in recently, though, because the wood was getting a little loose. Fifty years without screws?!
Here's a picture of his recycle mobile. He made it all. He use to drive it in parades.
He made this belt buckle from different pipes all inside each other and welded together. It is amazing!
- NeNe
2 comments:
Wouldn't it be fun to sit with him and record all of his stories and wisdom?
He sounds like a neat man!
His is dictating his stories to his daughter. Sounds like they will publish a book! I can't wait to read it :)
Post a Comment