Thursday, February 17, 2011

Another Broody Chicken


Yes, we have another broody chicken. This time it is one of the black australorps. We will try not to bother her too much. I think the last attempt didn't work because I kept on moving the poor chicken around. It should take 28 days to hatch eggs. So around March 11th we might see some baby chicks. I'll have to name them all Sammy (that's her birthday) if they manage to hatch!


Here is a picture of the bunnies' new home. It isn't a very good spot because they get all the wind from the south blowing on them. After we get settled, we will build them a bunny house.
- Ne

3 comments:

Team Swanner said...

Awww ~ Sammy the chick :) How cute.

Did you get my message yesterday?

~Jen

-=The Malchert Family=- said...

No, I will check my messages again...but I didn't hear one from you. Sammy the chick, Sammers, Sam, Samantha, Sammikins...I need to come up with 5-6 names! :)

Kaye said...

Can't wait to come up and see the M troop and chickens new place.
Love and miss all of you.
G'ma K