The Nutty Squirrels and Raging Bulls Patrols
This last weekend my family and I went to Klondike with our troop. It was rainy and muddy but we still had fun doing the games and other stuff. There were two patrols in our troop. I was in the Nutty Squirrels Patrol and we had a cool flag. The coolest thing we did in our patrol was the "Walking A-frame Across a Creek". Thankfully, we didn't fall in the creek, so it was fun. They had a trading post, too. - Tommy
Klondike is a campout the scouts do every year. There is a bunch of things you can do like "Move the Bucket". There are four ropes tied to a hook and you have to figure out how to move the bucket touching only the ropes. - Joey
Klondike is an activity at camp Delezene. When you get your camp set up, your patrol leader goes to the lodge and chooses which stations (activities) to do the next day. In the morning, your patrol starts the stations. Once you finish a station, you get a small piece of wood that has a picture that some-what resembles what you just did. If your patrol wants, you may do all of the stations for points. Which means you get scored on how well you did at the station. Your patrol only has two days to do all of the stations you're signed up for. - Benjamin
Klondike was a fun, rainy and cool. The patrols had to go to these stations to get points or they can just do it for fun. We also had to cook our own food the whole time. - Daniel
It wasn't the most rainy camp we've attended ( I believe Webelos Woods with Timothy was the rainiest). The boys did indeed cook their own food. Thankfully, the adults were fed smoked salmon, lasagna, salad, baked potato & garlic bread on Saturday night. I didn't want to eat the Mac and Cheese that the boys made...even though, I am sure it was just fine. Andy and I slept in the back of the van. Apparently, our van has a leak around one of the back windows! It was a fun, muddy weekend. I will try to find the link to a video of Daniel trying to cross the creek. I was taking pictures until he started having trouble. One of the scout moms took the video! Even after taking half a bath, he wants to come back next year and try to cross the creek again and do the zipline. - Ne
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had fun!
~Where are the house pictures???!!??~
Can't wait to see it!
~Jen
Post a Comment