I am not an impulsive animal buyer! I wanted this breed of duck last year so jumped at the chance when I saw these cuties at the feed store! They are khaki campbells.
Campbells getting bigger. I think you can actually see them growing!
Horror of horrors! Poor Mr. Duck was eaten by some sort of bird of prey. I am so sad. If only I let Tommy let him out maybe this wouldn't have happen :( It is a sad day at the farm. He will be missed.
We have a wild bunny that likes to hang around our other bunnies. We decided we are just going to butcher all the bunnies because they aren't doing their job. I thought I would give them another chance and let wild bunny breed our does...we will see what happens. Oh, plus we put our boy bunnies outside so they aren't bugging the girl bunnies inside. Hopefully, the does will take care of their babies this time!
All the chickens ran for their coop and stayed inside while Mr. Duck was being eaten. Mrs. Duck just stayed outside waiting to be eaten next!!! I have to say I think chickens are smarter than ducks. At least smarter than our ducks!
I forgot to get a picture of the garden area all tilled up. It is very pretty (yes, dirt all tilled up looks pretty). Can't wait to get planting!
Farmer Ne
1 comment:
I love reading about the farm hope you have more. love you guys!!!!
Post a Comment