| YouTube is super helpful if you need to do appliance repairs. I
searched for Kenmore Washer Series 70 not spinning and checked out Bill Newberry's channel. Not only does he show you how to remove the outer shell, but helps you trouble-shoot possible issues. What a very helpful guy! I have another post where I replaced the water pump and had to take the shell off. Actually, I could have managed without taking it off. First Bill has you check the motor coupler. It was fine. Then he has you check the clutch. It was not fine. I called B&B Appliance in Aberdeen,.. They had the clutch and even showed me how to make sure I got it back on right. They are also extremely helpful. My washer is spinning like a champ now! I am so excited! No, really, I just sit and watch it spin now! I forget how long it has not been spinning very well...maybe a year or so. |
| innocent looking washer |
| unplug power & undo water hoses - be prepared with a bucket! |
| if I was removing outer shell I would take off these endcaps, but I didn't need to |
| tilted the machine back to get at the innards |
| rusty clips holding water pump and motor |
| pointing at the motor coupler with screw driver (it was fine) |
| motor is off - can see the motor coupler |
| motor coupler - blurry picture, but it is fine. |
| had to remove the agitator with a 7/16 socket |
| with the agitator off, I was able to take out the transmission. Pointing to the clutch |
| These guys are super helpful! |
| got my part |
| bought a better drain hose- the old one was pinched so the water couldn't drain as well |
| the old clutch can be spun around pretty easily, the new one I couldn't even budge |
| here's the old hose, see how it is pinched next to the washer |
| all hooked back up and running wonderfully! |
No comments:
Post a Comment