Saturday, February 18, 2017

Vintage Clue



We finally got to play my Vintage Clue game that Tim and Jessy got me for Christmas.  Joey thought that with the power outage it would be a perfect time to play by candlelight!  What a great idea!
The power was out for about 4 hours. It went out shortly before Discipleland (Wednesday Church) was suppose to start.  We had to cancel that, came home and lit candles and played Clue.  I recommend playing by candlelight.  Even if the power isn't out, just turn off the lights, light some candles, and have fun stomping your family at Clue (or any game would be fun).

I should note that it does not take 4 hours to play Clue!  Thankfully!  I would not recommend playing Monopoly by candlelight or at any time.  That game CAN take 4 hours to play or even longer.  No thank you. 

For anyone that hasn't played Clue:  You move around the mansion making guesses as to who used what weapon in which room to kill the owner of the mansion.  There are cards for the rooms, weapons, and suspects and the person to your left has to show you a card if they have one.  It is tons of fun trying to figure out who has what cards.  And it is very satisfying to guess the answer right.

There was a game when someone didn't show me a card (they forgot they had it) and so it completely messed up my deducing!  And I remember another game when someone asked me at least 3 times for the same card!  I don't think they wanted to play.

No comments: