Friday, December 21, 2018

Ecuador Mission Trip Part 3

Ecuador Mission Trip Part 3

Our trip was coming to a close but we still had one more thing to do: the baptisms. Sunday morning we went down with Byron's family to a christian retreat where the baptisms would take place as well as the Sunday service. After Pastor Luis and Byron were done preaching, we all went to to the pool and observed six people get baptized.

After the baptisms, Joanne, M'liss and the ladies prepared lunch for all us slackers. Then, the football commenced.

On Monday, our mission was almost done.  We packed and got ready to leave Ecuador. But first, SHOPPING! Our small group visited one of the many markets in Quito and got our spending money ready. I managed to buy what I needed without spending too much. After the market we packed and left to have one last dinner with Pastor Luis, his wife Sally, and their children at the super mall.

We left Ecuador at 12:15 AM from Quito International Airport. The flight back was uncomfortable, as always, but I managed to get some shut-eye before we landed in Fort Lauderdale. In Florida, we had to hurry.  We had one hour to get through Customs, Security, get tickets and rush to our gate. We almost did not make it. I could write all the problems that we faced the second we touched down but we would be here all day.  Let's just say Byron and myself caught our plane just as they were boarding our group. The rest of our journey back to Seattle was uneventful and I am glad to be back. I am glad I went with Byron to Ecuador and if he asked me again...
Qui - Guinea Pig

Preaching (then handing out candy bags)

One of the volcanoes nearby

Baptized 6 people

Some of Byron's family (Genesis, Savanah, Patrick, Patrick Moses, Marco, Susan, Byron)

No comments: