Ecuador Trip Part 2
After all that work (painting, sweeping, shoveling sand, and packing candy bags) we were tired. On Wednesday we visited the natural hot springs that supposedly made you live longer. It was very nice. But after that it was back to work packing food bags for the needy and preparing sermons. But Byron still had places he wanted to show us. We went to the
Equator and visited
Pululahua, active volcano. The Equator was pretty neat but the real reason we went there was for the Qui. Now you may be wondering what in the heck is Qui. It is meat or more importantly guinea pig meat. So Byron took us to a restaurant to satisfy our insatiable desire for this mystical meat. The taste was...unique. The Qui had a very salty taste and although I can't say that I enjoyed the taste I am glad I tried it.
 |
| Mouth of the Pululahua Volcano. It is an active volcano with people living directly on it! |
 |
| Disembodied heads of all the scientists that figured out where the Equator is located |
 |
| Cool Equator Tower |
 |
| View from Equator Tower looking exactly East |
 |
| Top of the Equator Tower |
I eventually spoke on my message about discipleship to the South Quito Youth Group. I suppose it went well. No one threw tomatoes at me. But what was interesting was our small ministry we had going on. Every day Byron, Tim Bowers and myself would all get inside a rickety truck and drive to our desired destination. But at every stop light there was always somebody selling something, Mangoes, Cherries, Candies and Energy Drinks. So Byron and Tim would wave them over give them a dollar and a gospel tract and drive away. By the end of the trip everyone on that path knew who Byron and Tim were and would shout out "Blessings to you!" In Spanish of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment