Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Washer Repair Part 3


I am reluctant to buy a new appliance unless it is beyond repair, way too hard to fix, or too much money to fix.  

So far I have replaced the water pump and clutch.  Now I need a new motor coupling.   I was hoping the problem was just a clogged water pump, but alas, it was not clogged.  I had to take the cover off and pull the motor out to see if it was the pesky little coupling.  Yes, as you can see from the blurry picture, the coupling broke apart.  Sometimes it just gets rounded off inside so it can't do its job.  Mine might have done that a little bit, but finally broke after repeatedly running the washer even though it wasn't sounding all that "happy".

It finally started making this horrible noise and stopped draining or agitating.  

Son #2 is going to stop by B&B Appliance to purchase a new coupling for me ($25).  I will unfortunately have to wait until after Wednesday night church (8:30pm) to fix my washer and start washing clothes again.  Yet there is light at the end of the dirty clothes filled tunnel.



obviously broken motor coupling

slightly better picture of broken motor coupling

the newer water pump replaced a while ago

pointing at the newer clutch replaced last summer (it's the shiny thing)

No comments: