Saturday, May 6, 2017

Washer Repair Part 3.5 and mower troubleshooting

I had to get ANOTHER motor coupling today because I ruined the other one when I put it on the washer.  Fortunately, it wasn't too much money.  Lesson learned! Do not hit things too hard!

Got the washer put back together and it stopped after it ran for a bit. I did not want to take it apart and bail it a 4th time! Turns out I just forgot to plug some wires back in. I didn't even have to take the shell off to get it going. Bonus: now we don't need to help it spin anymore (we use to have to help it start spinning every time)!

I also got the mower running again. Thank goodness for YouTube! A valve on the carburetor was gummed up. I just needed to take it off, after clamping the fuel line, and cleaned out the little holes. Now a twin is mowing the front yard. It really needed to be mowed!

Money saved not buying a new mower and washer=$500 +/- 😊

Now I need to fix the freezer. We took the fan out (it would make an awful noise occasionally). I need to fix the broken fan housing...glue and duct tape? I should do this pretty soon before the frost builds up too much!

No comments: