Monday, April 21, 2008

Orienteering Results


The results are in for Scout-O orienteering meet at Cook Park!


Joe and Dan (with Pack 516 Cub Scout friends Jeffrey and Ethan) completed course 1 in 1:03.

Ben and Tom completed course 2 in 1:04 and placed fourth out of 15 competing Tenderfoot Scout/teams. Almost fellas!

Troop 305 Scouts Sean, Nick, and Kyle completed course 3 in 2:01 and placed fifth out of 12 competing Star Scout/teams.

Tim and Troop 305 Scout Roger completed course 3 in 2:01 and placed third out of ... you guessed it ... three Life Scout/teams. There's a medal comin' your way men.

I completed course 4 in 1:36 and would have placed third out of six if they gave awards to adults (which they don't at this meet). I speed walked until the last two control points and jogged from there. It was hot enough that I was pretty red-faced at the finish line. The fastest course 4 finisher (two-man Scout team) completed in 1:05. That's over 30 minutes faster than my time. I need to get in better shape so I can jog more of the course. Next time.

- Big Daddy Andy

No comments: