Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Love The Night Life, I Love To Boogie

Of course, you know me better than that. After blogging yesterday in my nice hotel room (I'll take a picture after they clean it), I wandered around town by my lonely lonesome and found all sorts of interesting things. Above is Dragonem from Rustic Steel Creations. His 20 foot tall imposing self was just sitting on the side of the road waiting to be admired and photographed. He refused to sign his autograph, however (celebrities and models are such snobs).

Moving on, I visited the Channelside, "a retail, entertainment, and dining extravaganza". Actually, it was a pretty neat outdoor mall, with fashionable (but still entertaining) dining, bars, and stores. There were three businesses with live performers, an IMAX theatre, outdoor lounges, a Cold Stone, the Florida Aquarium, and lots of people! Unfortunately, the only beer on tap here is Bud and Bud Light. Also, it seems that Florida has some weird legislation that only allows Coke products into the state, so no Dr. Pepper. Aaargh!

The "bad" weather has finally caught up to me. There's now high overcast with thunder and intermittent showers. "Showers" is a strong word. It's more like a step and a half above mist (only someone from the NW has so many grades of rain). The rain is actually a relief as it cools the air and runs down the humidity...for about 120 seconds.

Instead of posting all my photos of Tampa on the blog, I'm just going to link to them on my 4shared.com Web site. I'll keep adding to them as the week wears on. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Blog you again soon,

- Big Daddy Andy

No comments: