Well, the snow was really beautiful while it lasted. Unfortunately, the weather quickly turned tropical and melted the snow. Add to that record rainfall and what do you get? Flooding. The Cowlitz River crested around 25 feet. Since living in Longview, I have never seen the river that high. I took the boys down to Andy's work to get some pictures.
I also dragged the boys down to Lake Sacajawea to see how high it flooded. The paths under the streets were flooded as well as Martin's Dock and the other fishing spots.
The poor town of Centralia flooded, AGAIN! The townsfolk there should be really ticked that the people in charge didn't get cracking on fixing the problem after it flooded December 2007. I think they built a few dikes, but it obviously didn't stop the flooding.
Our basement did just fine. My sister-in-law's basement, however, had several inches of water. They were prepared and were able to moved the stuff that mattered so it wasn't damaged.
We should all be prepared (Boy Scout Motto). You never know when a natural, or unnatural, disaster will happen.
Which reminds me...our family needs to put more food in our emergency box and have our drinking water jugs filled. Plus I need to get all our first aid stuff labeled and put together in one spot.
- NeNe (I will put some pictures on later)
No comments:
Post a Comment