Friday, January 2, 2009

Year to Year 5K Fun Run/Walk

I've participated in this fun, family-oriented event since 2000/2001. It is put on by Cowlitz Valley Runners. I particularly like the high-quality sweatshirts that are sold to race participants. I've got four of them so far.

I finally convinced family members to accompany me. NeNe, Tim, Benji, and I walked the 3.1 mile course together, and had a lot of fun doing it. I also got to see some friends of mine from work and the running community, which is always a treat. I explained to NeNe that the local running events are like reunions, where folk from the community, that you might otherwise not normally get a chance to interact with, share a common experience doing something they love...running.


This year, the start and finish was moved from the National Guard armory to the Youth and Family Link Center. The course was the same, otherwise. The weather wasn't too cold and wet. In fact, I didn't even notice if we got rained on. We all enjoyed the fireworks at midnight and the camaraderie of loved ones as we walked into the new year.

Here are some pictures of folk we know at the race, Jeff, Barb, and myself.


Ty and his adorable daughter.


Dear friend Grover, and his daughter Jill.


Scott McD.



I look forward to doing the Year to Year run again next year. Hopefully, I can get more family and friends to join in. Maybe we'll actually run it next time.

I wish all our friends, family, and acquaintances greater peace and prosperity in the new year.

- Big Daddy Andy

No comments: