Here's our oil tank. We needed to decommission it before selling the house. Tommy & Benji thought it was cool to climb into it. They smelled horrible afterwards!
We released our painted lady butterflies that the twins had been raising since April 9th. They finally hatched a month later. The loser scrub jays swooped down and ate one of them :( Hopefully, the other ones managed to live a little longer.
Spawn of loser scrub jays. I couldn't just let them die :( We usually destroy the nest before the eggs are laid. I told Tim to check and see if there was one today. He bonked it a couple times and then heard the poor little birds squawking. When I looked a little later, two little birds were caught hanging between some twigs. I got them down and then climbed back up to put them in their nest. I hope the parents will accept them after we've handled them...gosh, that sounds like a myth. Do birds really reject their offspring after being handled by humans? I hope not.
- NeNe
No comments:
Post a Comment