Monday, June 1, 2009

Back On Track


I had the pleasure of running the Hockinson Fun Days 5K (that's 3.1 miles, people) on the last day in May with Captain Crookednose, T, and Neal. I'm not sure if the race organizers are going to publish the race results, but my watch said I finished in 26:46 (8:38 minute/miles). Not exactly fast, but it was my first race of the year. Considering how little I've trained so far, I believe I performed well, and it provides motivation to run farther and faster. I'm looking forward to some local 10K runs in July. I plan to be better prepared by then.

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." - Steve Prefontaine

- Big Daddy Andy

No comments: