Yep, the Good Rats went on another outing. We have so much fun, it's hard to not schedule these as frequently as possible. I enjoy a few beers and good company too much ever be a teetotaller. As with most things, the trick is moderation. And since the Good Rats wish to continue living and enjoying these outings, we always have a designated driver (DD). Since each of the Good Rats take turns being the DD for a day, we get good practice at abstention. Builds character.
This time we headed toward Portland, the micro-brew capital of the world. We started at the Salmon Creek Brewery and Pub in Vancouver, Washington, where we ate lunch and hooked up with Good Rat and brewer Mike R. This was followed by a walking tour of the Pearl District and visits to the Rogue Brewery, Ringler's Annex, and the Deschuttes Brewery. We finished off with an East Side locale, called Amnesia Brewing. It seemed to be a popular after work meeting spot. Unfortunately, I didn't sample any of the brews there since I was done drinking for the day (gotta know your limits).
I look forward to going on another Good Rat trip. Next time, it's my turn to be the DD.
- Big Daddy Andy
No comments:
Post a Comment