I apologize for the recent girlification of our blog. For being a significant minority in our family Renee sure does get her fingers into everything M Troop does. Go figure. I'll change the background to something more "manly" and post more frequently.
Renee found that someone donated an old, beat up Nintendo Popeye arcade cabinet to the Pack 593 garage sale this last weekend. They were asking $350 OBO so I asked Renee to offer $100. At the end of the garage sale, nobody else put in an offer so we went and picked it up. I've always wanted to build my own arcade machine, but am not very handy. I think a good project for me and the boys might be MAMEing this old Popeye arcade cabinet.
So far the whole family is pitching in. We're in the process of removing the damaged side art and the guts, including the video CRT. I believe the CRT is probably okay, but the capacitors need to be replaced. I'm thinking of just buying a big LCD monitor and sticking it in there. It won't be as vintage as having a working arcade CRT in there, but it'll be a lot less maintenance, heat, and weight.
Keep watching for updates on the M Troop Arcade project.
- Big Daddy Andy
No comments:
Post a Comment