Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spontaneous Trip to the Beach






This weekend my family rented a beach house and stayed there for two nights. It was a spur of the moment thing, my mom got the idea and reserved a house and we went there the same day. We played at the beach, watched planes take off from the beach, and played some board games. It was a nice little weekend vacation that none of us were expecting.

-TIM

We decided at 4pm on Friday to rent a beach house for the weekend. My awesome boys were packed and ready by 5pm so we could leave right after Andy got home. The little beach house was very functional. Andy and I are encouraged now, after seeing this house, to build our own home. Well, actually, build a bunk house for the boys.

We practically had the beach to ourselves. There's an airport, yes airport, right on the beach. We saw the sign Saturday morning when we walked along the beach. I totally didn't expect to see any planes landing though! I thought it was kind of like an emergency landing strip...not an everyday type of airport. It was really cool watching the planes land and take-off on the beach right in front of us.

I also rescued a crab. Hopefully, she is happily swimming in the ocean as I type.

It was a very relaxing, fun weekend at the coast.

- NeNe

At The Beach House
This weekend my family and I went to a beach house next to the ocean. It was really hot in the house and outside. At the beach we saw an airport on the beach but there were no buildings (if there were buildings on the beach where the airport was they would get very wet.) We had alot of fun.
- Tommy
Our Vacation at the Beach

Last weekend my family and I went to the Copalis beach for a vacation! We rented a house right next to the beach too. We made it to the house on Friday night and had some pancakes and watched a couple movies before going to bed. Three of my brothers and I slept in the attic where it had three beds up there, big Tim just slept on the couch.

The next morning we had breakfast and went to the beach. The beach also turned out to Copalis airport, so we saw planes landing and taking off at the beach all the time. It wasn't too windy the first time we went to the beach early in the morning, then we went a little later so we could swim in the water and the wind was really cold and so was the water, so we decided not to go swimming.

I had a blast at the our vacation and I thank my mom and dad for planning it. It's nice every once in a while to have a vacation by the beach when you can.

--Benjamin

3 comments:

Bmalchert said...

Where is the blog I can't see it!

--Beng

Team Swanner said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!! What beach did you go to?

-=The Malchert Family=- said...

We rented a beach house just north of where the Copalis River enters the ocean.

- Big Daddy Andy