Monday, May 10, 2010

Arizona's Geographical Diversity

Sounds smart, doesn't it? Okay, it sounds smart for me.

Ne and I rented a car after my Phoenix conference was over and Ne drove us all the way to the Grand Canyon. Why? Because it was there. That's why.

On the way, we drove through desert, canyons, pine forests, mesas, and mountains. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I was. There is a lot more to Arizona than desert and cacti. The elevation of Phoenix is a little over 1,000 feet (higher than I thought), but the south rim of the Grand Canyon is 8,000 feet above sea level. It was cool enough near the Grand Canyon that we spotted patches of snow (in May!)

Enough blathering. Below are some pictures of the varied geography that we viewed along our trip.







Diverse geography...indeed.

- Big Daddy Andy

1 comment:

Team Swanner said...

Beautiful pictures! Err....Mostly.
Glad you guys had a good time!
~Jen