We also took turns making goat milk soap. She got her recipe from The Majestic Mountain Sage. You have to be pretty exact when making soap. We'll see how well I do when I try it someday. First I have to find some lye, buy a temperature guage, and a bunch of stainless steel pots & spoons.
They feed their guardian dog and their cats raw meat (rabbit). She demonstrated how she kills them with this bent rod (you can see some bunny fur still on the top rod). Andy wants me to see if they would make one for us. I would feel much better using the rod than trying to shoot them with the 22 like Andy has been doing. I am too scared that I would mess up shooting the poor rabbit.
I am also including pictures of my raised garden. I am worried that my deer fence isn't high enough. I can't imagine that they would try to jump into this tiny space, though. I planted beans, cauliflower, carrots, onions, and potatoes. I started my tomato, brocolli, and cabbage inside then transfered outside. I hope my little plants are strong enough to hold up under all the rain. Maybe I should cover them...
I am also including pictures of my raised garden. I am worried that my deer fence isn't high enough. I can't imagine that they would try to jump into this tiny space, though. I planted beans, cauliflower, carrots, onions, and potatoes. I started my tomato, brocolli, and cabbage inside then transfered outside. I hope my little plants are strong enough to hold up under all the rain. Maybe I should cover them...
2 comments:
Okay, Now how do you kill a rabbit with a bent rod ??
Hi Joon! You put their head in through the hole-snug against the back of their neck touching the rod (see picture). Grab their hind legs and their ears and pull back. There will be a little crack (neck breaking). Then you pull really hard and the head pops right off. You need to do this before the bunnies are too old...10-12 weeks. Their fur should slip right off too without any of the problems we had with the older bunnies.
Post a Comment