Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bi-Zi Farms Pumpkin Patch


We had a blast at the Bi-Zi Farms Pumpkin Patch this Saturday. We got there right before they opened (10am) and left around 1pm. They were pretty bi-zi later on in the day, but we did the hay ride and pumpkin launcher before the lines got huge.


The kids were able to play on the bale pyramid, launch a couple pumpkins, go through the corn maze and bale maze, pet a bunch of farm animals, listen to live music (the blue-grass band was very talented!), and drink as much apple cider as they wanted, and they got to go on a long hay ride and pick any pumpkin they wanted from the pumpkin patch. I figured they would only have little pumpkins but they had all sorts of sizes. All this was for $8.


The boys really liked shucking corn and running it through the de-kernalizer.


We would have stayed longer, but everyone was getting pretty hungry. We stopped at Weinerschnitzel on the way to the freeway. I hadn't been in one of those since I lived in California! The boys and Andy really liked it. My chili-cheese fry burrito was okay. I should have gotten a hotdog, tho.


This was a Cub Scout event. Unfortunately, not very many cubs made it. Tom and Jeffrey made it along with Tim, Christy, Justin and Bj. I will plug it more next year!

- NeNe

No comments: