Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Field of Screams (The right maze)


Last Saturday, our Boy Scout Troop went to the Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie's Island.  Actually, we were the only ones that went to the right farm.  The Haunted Maze line was very long.  It was about 500ft long just to pay for the ticket.  While we were waiting in line, there was a girl with a scary face painting on really tall stilts.  She would shake people's hands.  There was another lady with a hockey mask and a chain saw.  One time, while I was waiting in line, I saw the chain saw lady running through the crowd with the chain saw going (I didn't know there wasn't a chain on it).   When she started the chain saw, a bunch of girls started screaming and running past us and knocked us over while we were laughing.  The next line to get into the maze was 800ft long.  Half-way through the line, there was a sign that had the rules.  I was reading the rules and half-way down I saw, "No flashlights".  When we were almost there the people in front of us said, "Would you like to go first?".  So we did.  

There were two doors that let you into the maze.  So a couple of people went through one door.  Then that door shut and the other one opened.  A couple of people and us went through the door that was open and then the door shut.  There was a scary person scraping the walls with a shovel and sometimes banging on the wall right after we entered the maze.  Every time he banged on the wall a bunch of girls would scream.  
It was dark in the maze.  A bunch of people would try to scare us.  Ian and I weren't scared but D.J. was clinging onto my jacket the whole time.  We didn't have a map.  I thought it was really fun.  I would like to do it again.  

After the maze we got to have some food.  We were waiting 15 minutes for Ian's cheeseburger.  When we finally got it, he ate it in the van.  It took forever to get home.  I fell asleep in the van.

- Benji (a.k.a. Bob)

No comments: