Wednesday, October 8, 2008

No, We're Not Dead

I wanted to do the first post for October, and we've been neglecting our blogging duties anyway. Random picture of family member above. In this case, it's Smilin' Joe. I know it's Joe, cuz I can see his forehead scar that Dan gave him if you look real close.

Let's see...what has M Troop been up to since the last post? Well...

I ran the Harvest Classic 10K in 50:56. I haven't been training for speed, lately, so I was happily surprised by the 8:12 minute/mile pace.

Ne, Joe, and Dan recently finished a three-day popcorn-selling marathon for Cub Scouts. They put in a good seven-plus hours and earned enough money for their account to put a serious dent in next year's camp fee.

Tim is still taking his drivers ed. class three days a week. Ne is being really good about taking him out to drive a few times a week, but he's still nervous about driving on the street. I guess it's better that he be too nervous than too eager. Pray for him...and his parents...and everyone else on the road.

Tim and Tom have dived into their renewed paper-delivery duties. I'm sure they feel they never actually stopped to take the entire Summer off. No matter how long your vacation is, you still have to come back to work. Welcome to the real world, boys.

Ne and I are taking three days away from everything to stay at a B&B in Astoria, soon. While we're there, I'm running in The Great Columbia Crossing 10K. And yes, I'm going to enjoy running on my little vacation. I'm sick that way. My goal is to beat 50 minutes, and then eat my recovery meal at Mr. Fultano's Pizza.

Fortunately, that's all I have to share.

- Big Daddy Andy

No comments: