Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day Three - Universal Studios

In the back of your mind, when you come to Hollywood, you think, "Wouldn't it be cool if I saw someone famous?" Well, I did! Hulk Hogan was with American Gladiator's winner, Jet. Her handlers, I like that phrase for famous people, kept putting a blanket over her (she wasn't wearing much). In fact, I think her boots covered the most of her! Sorry I didn't get a wide shot for her outfit.Here's the entrance to Universal Studios. Right behind me is the big globe thing. It wasn't turned on. Usually it spins and has this mist flowing out from it.

Here's me. If you look behind me you can see Hulk Hogan, the camera stuff and his rv.



These two pictures are of the same cool statue. It is right as you come through the entrance. Can you spot the difference?

Universal Studios was pretty cool. I was a little disappointed that there weren't more rides (The Mummy was fast and fun-I rode it twice and Jurassic Park was pleasant until the drop down to the water-I screamed all the way down! I avoided getting wet by sitting in the middle of my row).
The Studio Tour alone would be worth going to Universal Studios, except I wouldn't pay $58 for just the studio tour. Here are some pictures from the tour:

A crappy shot of the Bates House. I was on the wrong side of the tram :(


Here's the scary crash scene from War of the Worlds.




This set is where they filmed the Tortuga scene from Pirates of the Caribbean.
Here's the production list for the day.
This is a cool view of the street sets. If you look in the background you can also see Warner Brothers Studios. I didn't know they were right next to each other.


Ususally, I don't mind haunted houses all that much, except when I have to go through them by myself! As I walked through Universal's House of Horrors, I caught up to some people :) As you walked through, you can see all these places for creepy people to hide behind and scare the crap out of you. Before I caught up to this couple, someone dressed in white with a mask jumped out and scared them. I thought I would be safe walking by because I saw it go back into its' hidey hole....but no! It walked up behind me and snorted right in my ear. I thought it was some speaker sound but as I turned around I saw it walking back to its' hidey hole again.
The ABSOLUTELY worst part of the House of Horrors was this one hallway. Imagine six body-bags with people in them hanging from the ceiling down the hallway. You have to actually push through them to get down the hallway. It was awful! The people in back of me were laughing their heads off saying that it wasn't right. There were exits all along the way. If I had to do anything like that again, I think I would have exited.
Overall, it was a fun day. Too bad I had to do it all by myself :( Thursday night Andy and I will go do a special behind the scenes at Universal. I'll let him type about it later.
Stay tuned for skydiving. Will NeNe do it? Her last chance is tonight! Check back later to find out!
- NeNe

No comments: