Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Crickets


For some reason we do not have crickets around our home.  I love the sound of crickets chirping so I finally bought some crickets from our locally owned pet store, Pet Works.  I forgot that only the males chirp, so I didn't ask for a bunch of males.  As a result, I have one male that can barely chirp (his wings are too small or something).  

However, I have a bunch of fat females that are laying eggs like crazy!  I am keeping track of the size of the eggs to see if they will hatch.  Hopefully, I'll have a bunch of males in a month or so!

I am tempted to just go swap my non-chirping crickets with my nephew's chirping crickets (he has a gecko, a frog, and two snakes).  I think his crickets would be MORE than happy to switch places with my crickets!

- NeNe

No comments: