Thursday, July 17, 2008

Upcoming Twin Adventures

I'm excited, real excited. This weekend, NeNe and I get to spend some quality time with the twins and another scout at Cub World overnight camp.

Cub World was invented to make memories for young scouts and their parents. I know this because I've been to Cub World three other times, each with another of my sons. Big (now) Tim went in 2002, Tommy in 2004, and Benji in 2005. Now it's the twins' turn.

Some of my favorite Cub World memories: singing for our meal with the scouts in front of Golda's Kitchen, watching the scouts laugh at the skits at campfire, praying with the scouts under giant firs in the outdoor chapel for Scouts' Own, watching the scouts excitedly volunteer for dining hall duty (after they've done it once and discovered how fun it was), watching the scouts proudly display their just-finished handicraft project, and celebrating a first bullseye at the archery or BB-gun range.

Take a look at these pictures and see if you think they were having a good time.


















- Big Daddy Andy

No comments: