Monday, September 15, 2008

Running Fool


I haven't been doing anything terribly interesting these past two weeks. But I have been running.

Sunday before last (9/7) was the Pints to Pasta 10K in Portland. I ran with Bryan, a work buddy of mine. It was his first race...ever. I told him I'd stay with him the entire race, and despite the crowded field (there were almost 2,000 runners), I did. We finished in a slow, but steady 1:00:27 (9:44 minute/mile pace).

Last Saturday (9/13) Bryan and I ran the Kelso Highlander Kilt Run 15K (that's 9.3 miles, folks). This time I didn't mind an easy pace, as I had not run this far for many years. We finished, together, at an all-time personal record (I haven't run a 15K race before) of 1:34:01 (10:06 minute/mile pace).

Bryan won a 1st place ribbon for his division. He was duly impressed until we found out that he was the ONLY runner in his division. What a hoot!

I am looking forward to running in The Harvest Classic 10K on 10/4 and The Great Columbia Crossing 10K on 10/12. All this is in preparation for running in the Seattle Half-marathon on 11/30.

Wish me luck!

- Big Daddy Andy

No comments: