Sunday, September 14, 2008

We Live & Breathe Letterboxing Event


This Saturday I went to my very first Letterboxing event. This wasn't just any event. It was THE event of the decade to celebrate 10 years of Letterboxing in the U.S. I am so glad that I decided (at the last moment) to attend. Everything about the event was fabulous!

I was only able to go on Saturday (it was a weekend event). I carpooled with Happy SAHD from Vancouver. We arrived at beautiful Camp Adams around 7:30am, checked in and headed for breakfast. We met a bunch of people and exchanged signature stamps with them. After breakfast we headed out to find letterboxes.

My total count, just for Saturday, is:
Exchanges: 40
Finds: 35
Personal travelers: 5
Event Stamps: 5

Small Letterboxing Glossary:
Exchanges are when you stamp your signature stamp into their logbook and vice-versa.
Finds are just the letterboxes that we found. Usually by following clues.
Personal travelers are stamps that you have to tell the letterboxer an answer to a question or do something to get to stamp the stamp. Such as: "Sing the theme song to Flash Gordon."
Event Stamps are usually pretty big stamps specific to the event.
Signature Stamps are your very own personal stamp that you stamp into logbooks when you find a letterbox.

I had a great time. The event planners did a fabulous job!
If anyone would like to go letterboxing with me...let me know!

- NeNe

No comments: