Monday, September 22, 2008

Troop 305 Family Camp



There was a hill at Fort Stevens. It was really cool. I had a friend come with me, Iain. We played capture the flag with lanterns. We had donuts on Sunday morning.
- Benji

At Fort Stevens, there was this big hill. We called it the Big Tree Fort. Asa and I snuck to the fort from a far away place. We were trying to see if we could go through a place that didn't have any campers. We followed a squirrel trail. We weren't lost because we could hear a bunch a kids yelling to our far left. When we finally found the path, we were farther away from the fort than we thought.
- Tommy

I had lots of fun riding about with my buddies and playing at Battery Russell. My friends and I rode our bikes in the dark. On Saturday, I helped cook most of the seafood. My favorite deep fry was the deep fried cheese sticks. Fort Stevens is a lot of fun. Even though we go there every year we still have a good time.
- Tim

We had fun playing with our cousins (Asa, Ashton, and Alyssa). We rode our bikes around the campground and to the beach. We got dirty at the beach going down the sand dune.
- Daniel

We rode our bikes to the beach. We rolled down a sandy hill. We threw pinecones at the other scouts.
- Joey

Well, we survived another Troop 305 Family Campout at Fort Stevens. The Weather was better than I expected. It only rained Saturday night. We forgot to put our garbage in the dumpster that night, too. The raccoons ate like kings! We had oysters, shrimp, tuna, some sort of fish and lots of other stuff in the garbage.

John and Andy went letterboxing with me on Saturday. They helped me find the Let's Go Camping Letterbox by Toby. Later that day, Kyle and John helped me find the Treasure of the Iredale by "X" marks the Spot. It was a very neat treasure chest type box buried in the sand :) I also met up with "X" after lunch on Saturday (he is a Coast Guard helicopter pilot). He gave me a Word of Mouth clue (special clue to a letterbox that you can only get from someone telling you about it). Everyone came with me to find it on Sunday after we packed up camp. The box was extremely cool. My reluctant letterboxers wanted to do more! "X" said he will be adding more letterboxes to the one he gave me. I can't wait to try to find them!

Overall, I think we all had a good time. It's just too bad it takes so long to setup and take down the Malchert Mansion!

- Ne

No comments: